ENLIGHTENING TOURISM: 1st International Conference, Naples (Italy), 13-14 September 2012
This Conference is born as a result of the academic cooperation among researchers from around the world in the field of tourism.
This cooperation has led, among other initiatives, to the launching of a new title: ENLIGHTENING TOURISM. A PATHMAKING JOURNAL (ET).
The Conference aims are:
1) To provide a platform for debate and dissemination of research findings, new research areas and techniques, conceptual developments, and papers with practical applications;
2) To scope out innovative thinking in traditional topics such as different types of tourism and tourists, their needs and expectations;
3) To promote collaborative interactions between senior and junior researchers. This will include mentoring by senior researchers in a Workshop for Junior Researchers (WJR);
4) To provide a platform for full paper presentations, that further mutual understanding of the research lines being developed by participants;
5) To provide examples of best/good practices and technological innovation.